What can you do?
Become an adopter in the Wild Killer Whale Adoption Program and help support important research on wild killer whales and their conservation! Adopt here.
What else can you do to help? Everyday actions can also have a profound impact on the conservation of wild killer whales! Here are some suggestions:
- Protect wild salmon! Salmon are essential for resident killer whales. Help protect and enhance salmon habitat by becoming a member of a local Streamkeepers organization.
- Be Whale Wise! Follow the Be Whale Wise guidelines while watching whales on the water to reduce disturbance on these animals. All boats, both commercial and recreational, should adhere to the whale watching guidelines.
- Report your whale, dolphin and porpoises sightings to the BC Cetacean Sightings Network. Help researchers learn more about the distribution and habitat use of these animals in BC waters.
- Choose sustainable seafood to ensure healthy ocean ecosystems! Learn more about sustainable seafood through the Ocean Wise program at the Vancouver Aquarium.
- Clean up our shorelines! Garbage in the ocean is bad news for all marine life, including killer whales and their prey. Help reduce marine debris by participating in the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup each September.